My two cents:

  I keep hearing about the edge that students in other countries are gaining over
our children in math and science, etc.  I keep hearing about our drop out rate.  In
my neck of the woods we have some excellent students whose parents are behind them
and are teaching them the value of education.  Teaching them it's a ticket to
success.

  I am thrilled to see our President recognizing the need for leadership around the
value and importance of education.  It's the essential piece for success for all of
our kids.  If he wants to join the team and lead these kids to value school then I
am grateful to him for seeing the need.

I don't see this as political.  I see it as recognizing a huge problem and taking
action.  I hope he inspires some of them to invest in themselves and their futures.

Happy Friday to all,
Barb
Barb Langridge
Children's Services