From: Lori Manning <lmanning@lawtonps.org>
Subject: coffee
To: lorimanning1904@sbcglobal.net
Date: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 3:03 PM

How about a fun "lemonade stand".

You could do iced coffees: about half expresso or a strong coffee, half milk, over
ice.  Add carmel or chocolate syrup for flavor and stir.  There are lots of other
flavors, I just haven't tried them.  Or if you have a blender you could try
frappe-style drinks.  I buy this stuff called Frappe Freeze at Wegmans grocery
store.  It's a powder.  In a blender you add a cup of ice, 3 scoops of powder and a
half cup of either milk or water.  Personally, I like all the caffeine I can get so
I use coffee instead of milk or water.

Used iced cappuccino mix  Tastes great!

I'm a band mom and there were parents from another school selling basically
ice and Kool-Aid as "slushies" using a blender. It was the pre-sweetened
stuff.

Hi.  I sell frappuccinos and they are a huge hit and EASIER to make than hot
chocolate and coffee.  Now, we do this only of Friday and call it "Friday
Frappucinos."  Students help make them, sell them, promote them, and love to drink
them.  :)  You can make w/ coffee or without versions.   Also, the recipe is simple:

I fill a regular pitcher with whole milk and add about 10 oz. of sugar and mix.  I
fill blender full of ice (to the top), add about 4 ounces of flavored syrup (to
taste),
and then pour in the mix to about 1" from the top.  Add shots of expresso, if
wanted and then mix to smooth and creamy.  I sell 9 oz. version for 1.00 and 16 oz.
for $2.00 (I know, I know... more money per oz. for the larger size but the cups
are bright and students like them).  Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce or
whatever.  Sprinkles go over very well.  Use fancy, bright straws and be ready to
be busier than you'd expect...  Trick:  GET THE KIDS INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS AND
THEY WILL ENSURE SUCCESS!

Oregon makes a chai mix that is delicious cold or hot.  It can be purchased in both
powder or liquid concentrate.  The only problem with the powder is that it doesn't
dissolve well in cold liquid, so you have to mix it hot and then add ice to get it
chilled.  Good luck,
Linda L.

coming from the South--sweet tea would be a hit!  You could have it already
sweetened w/ sugar and lemon or lime juice (I actually prefer lime) and even boil
the water using cloves.  Another recipe is what my Mama called tea punch w/
lemonade, orange juice, and pineapple juice added to the steeped tea along w/
sugar.  Yummy!

Our local smoothie shop brings frozen smoothies one day a week.  Our science club
sells them before school for $3 and they sell out every time.  They make good money
for just a few minutes of work.  I wish I had thought of it before they did!

Call it frozen hot chocolate and charge big bucks:)  My 18 year old daughter and
her friend walked several blocks in New York last week to compare the Serendipity
and Dylan's Candy Bar versions, at $7 and $9 a glass!

I thought it was gross, but I'm not a high schooler:)  Bubble tea is really popular
here--little balls of tapioca in iced tea.  I think you can buy the tapioca and
just add it to regular iced tea, but you'd need to buy extra-wide straws.  There's
always a swarm of high schoolers at the bubble tea place across from my daughter's
school.

Years ago, before our strict food regulations in CA, we had a coffee shop in the
library.  Teachers and students loved it.  I don't know what your regulations for
food sales are, but we were able to contract with a local 'slushie' company that
provided us with a machine that had two different coffee slushie products, one
mocha and one vanilla.  There was very little work on our end, and no cost to rent
the machine, since we agreed to buy the ready-mix product from them.  We simply
poured them into the machine, which was on a timer for slush during our selling
times and refrigerate during our off times.  I found this company by doing a google
search for slushie or slush puppy fundraising/companies.  The company we worked
with only services southern CA, but from what I found, there were many other
companies out there that do this.  They even stopped by once each month to deliver
product and service the machine.  They also had fruit slushies, and we
 could switch out the product in our machines whenever we wanted to.

In addition, we also sold sodas, Starbucks iced coffees (more expensive, but people
buy them!), and Gatorades.  They all sold very well.

How about iced tea?  You can buy one gallon tea bags and simply place the bag in a
gallon on water in a frig overnight.  It makes beautiful, clear, delicious iced tea
with little effort.  For those who like sweet tea you can put 2 pounds of sugar in
a quart of water, heat until the sugar is dissolve and store in the frig (it's
called simple syrup).  Customers can easily add it to their brewed tea and not
worry about undissolved crystals at the bottom of the glass.

You need to make the ice cubes out of the same thing the drinks are made
out of... ie coffee ice cubes for the coffee... that way it won't get too
watery. I just discovered there are many, many wannabe baristas posting
their Starbuckian recipes on the internet... just google it. And don't
forget that whipped cream makes everything yummier!

sell ice-cold bottled water for $1.00.  It's 50 cents cheaper than the vending
machines and the kids are starting to catch on.  You could also sell Gatorade or
other sports drinks.