I needed a book to read for Day Five from School Closings due to the Ice Storm
which hit SW Oklahoma last Thursday.  Last night at Walgreen's I selected "Still
Alice" and absolutely was captivated from the first chapter, and read the 350 pages
in one sitting.  I felt like I had glimpsed into a world that was necessary for my
human spirit to become more familiar with, out of respect to those who suffer from
this disease.  I couldn't wait to share my adventure in discovery with you, my LM
friends this morning!

I looked on Amazon.com to see what others had felt during this reading odyssey only
to be shocked!  The reviews are very compelling in both directions - apparently,
you LOVE this book or don't.  No middle of the road.  As a librarian, this struck
me as a prime example of how the power of the written word affects us - and why
libraries offer such a rich service to our patrons by housing volumes of literature
that speaks to so many on the level of awareness that they need at a given moment.
All that to say, I highly recommend "Still Alice" and in all fairness to the author
and to the fans who are cheering for her outstanding work, don't read the first
view on Amazon.com.

Amy Watkins
Lawton, OK