Becaue I belong to several discussion groups about current events, I
occasionally find a really interesting web site. Here is one that would
provide LOTS of discussion topics for current events classes. The teacher
can go to this site and choose topics for class discussion or if students
have access to computers and the internet (hah! you can tell it's been 10
years since I retired!), the teacher can direct them to this web site and
tell students to find a change that they would like.

One that caught my attention is providing the first two years of community
college tuition-FREE for graduating seniors. Students could discuss the pros
and cons of that idea. Students may even think of something that he/she
would like to see changed and suggest it on that site.
What's Your Big Idea for Change in America?
Ideas for Change in America is a crowd-sourcing competition that empowers
citizens to identify and build momentum around the most innovative ideas for
addressing challenges our country faces.

The 10 most popular ideas will be presented at an event in Washington, DC to
relevant members of the Obama Administration, and Change.org will
subsequently mobilize its full community to support a series of grassroots
campaigns to turn each idea into reality. Read our FAQs »

 http://www.change.org/ideas?order=top

Betty Dawn Hamilton (Using her retired years to keep up with current
events!)
LMS (Middle & High School)
Brownfield, TX       bhamilt@hughes.net