I neglected to include my contact info on the first reply.

You mentioned Alex Flinn's Breathing Underwater, but not the
follow up from the girls point of view, Diva.  That might be on
purpose as the violence from the first novel is peripheral in the
second, but I think the aftermath it shows is worth discussing.

In
 addition, Flinn's titles Nothing to Lose and  Fade to Black
 also deal with bullying and teen violence.

Others that might be
worth including:

Gym Candy by Carl Deuker (which deals
with steroid use and 'roid rage.)

Boot Camp by Todd
Strasser (a slightly different take, on the abuses perpetrated against
teens by adults in 'reformation' attempts such as the boot camp of the
title)

Give a boy a gun by Todd Strasser

Jumped
 by Rita Williams Garcia

Hate List by Jennifer Brown

and
 a wonderful play called
Bang Bang You're Dead
which you
can actually download (and it was made into a movie which aired on
Showtime)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/25/1293867/Bang%20Bang%20You%27re%20Dead.zip

Lizanell Boman
lizanellb@msn.com
currently un-affiliated

Dreams, books, are each a world; and books, we know,

Are a substantial world, both pure and good.

Round these, with tendrils strong as flesh and blood,

Our pastime and our happiness will grow.

William Wordsworth

> Date:    Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:03:28
-0600
> From:    Naomi Bates <nbates@NISDTX.ORG>

Subject: Booklist of Teen Violence Awarness Month (Feb)

 Here's a booklist of YA fiction that deals with teen violence
awareness,
> which is this month.  I've posted this as well as
additional links and
> stats on my blog.  Hope you can use this!
And if I'm missing any other
> titles that deal with this, please
reply and share with the listserv : )

> Bad Boy Can be
Good for a Girl by Tonya Lee Stone
> Things change by Patrick
Jones
> Guyaholic by Carolyn Mackler
> Beastly by Alex Flinn

 Twisted
> Honey baby sweetheart by Deb Calletti
> Playing
with Matches by Brian Katcher
> Played by Dana Davidson

Wild Roses by Deb Calletti
> Inexcusable by Chris Lynch

Breaking up is Hard to Do short story collection edited by Nikki Burnham

 Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
> Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

 Breathing Underwater by Alex Flinn
> Touch by Francine Prose