In NJ, Public Schools and teachers are under attack by an especially
hostile state administration.  But, it doesn't help with what the Fed's are
doing as well.
*
I agree Darlene and Marilyn, in both your final sentences: We are
intelligent, educated people , surely we can do better"; "we have to fight
this"

I would like to add: We're librarians.  Who better than us?*

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Marilyn Kulkarni <mask1@comcast.net> wrote:

> You are so right.  There are lots of researchers out there who understand
> this but they are unable to do anything bexause of people like Arne Duncan
> who believe in data, charter schools and choice.  If you haven't read Diane
> Ravitch's book The Death and Life of the Great American School System read
> it and recommend it to everyone with a brain.  We have to fight this.
>

> Marilyn Kulkarni
>
> Librarian
>
> Brandywine High School
>
> Wilmington, DE