Good morning,

It seems like traffic has picked up on LM_NET this week, so I'm hoping more folks
are around and may be able to help with this question.

I work in an academic library, and we are moving all of our research guides to a
new platform this summer (LibGuides).  I don't want my guides to be all text, so
where appropriate I am looking for multimedia, blogs, podcasts, etc. that will
enhance the information on the topic.

This week I worked on a guide about multicultural education.  This is for teacher
education students, and gives them direction for finding information about
countries, cultures, ethnic groups, as well as issues in education related to
cultural diversity.  I'm having a really hard time finding good media resources and
web 2.0 sources (blogs and podcasts especially).  Does anyone have suggestions?
I'm looking for places where this is a strong theme--not just a blog that has a few
postings, but is really about educaton policies in a broader sense (for example).
I'm also not intested in sites related to children's literature--I have that
covered in my children's lit guide---this is more of a 'big picture' guide.  If you
want to see what I have so far, here is the temporary address of the guide:
http://libguides.stthomas.edu/content.php?pid=131662.

So, I hope this description makes sense, and that someone has some good suggestions.

Thanks,

Donna

Donna Nix
Plymouth, MN