Hi all,

First, I want to start by saying a HUGE thank you to everyone who
responded to my post for Advisory Board members. The response was
wonderful and more than I ever anticipated, so please bear with me as
it may take a little time to get back to all of you :)

My question here is two-fold, hope that's okay...........

SUMMER READING PROGRAMS:
We are in the process of putting together our first summer reading
program at Big Universe. Since this is web-based reading, it will be a
little different then a typical summer reading program.

Would love to hear any ideas or suggestions you all might have for a
Summer Reading program via our site, and would also love to hear what
you all have planned for summer programs.

The site targets PK-6, however we do have books that are middle school
level as well.

READING POINTS PROGRAM:
This is a permanent feature that we are adding to our site and I'd
love to hear any suggestions and other reading point/incentive
programs that you all have used online for  PK - 8 students. I'm of
course familiar with Accelerated Reader, but we're looking for other
ways to implement a points/incentive program.

Some of my questions are, what type of prizes (if any) do your
students typically get? What is the time frame you typically give
students? Do you have any additional requirements other than reading
the books? Do they have to complete comprehension quizzes, or how to
they prove they have actually read the books?

Thanks so much!

Karen Derrico, Marketing Manager
http://www.BigUniverse.com
Karen@biguniverse.com