Hi All--

Yesterday, Charna Gross wrote: Do you have any ideas for a back-to-school
book for 5th graders? Which made me remember I meant to update you on my two
scrumptious, annotated Back-to-school read-aloud booklists at
www.ReadKiddoRead.com which I mentioned about 2 weeks back. Problem was, there was
glitch with the Older List, Gr. 4 and Up, and people couldn't access it for a
while--a problem with Ning, that was resolved a couple of days ago.

So if you're looking for a list that combines tried-and-true titles with
brand new can't-live-without books, here's what you do. Go to the home page at
ReadKiddoRead, scroll down, and you'll see a big icon of a yellow school
bus. You'll see two Click Here links, one for the Younger List (Gr. PreK-3)
and one for the Older. They'll take you to edited versions of the lists on the
Ning site, but there will be a link on each list so you can download the
whole shebang (30-40 titles) as a PDF & print it out if you like.

While you're at it, do join ReadKiddoRead so you can get the newsletter
each month and find out what free stuff you can win. No charge, no obligation,
nada. Lots of good stuff over there on the Community part of the site. Do
have a look.

Have a great Labor Day. Here in NJ, we're still waiting for the hurricane
that never came. There are worse things.

Judy

Judy Freeman
Children's Literature Consultant
Reviewer for www.READKIDDOREAD.com
Author of Books Kids Will Sit Still For 3
(Libraries Unlimited, 2006; www.LU.com)
and Once Upon a Time:
Using Storytelling, Creative Drama, and
Reader's Theater with Children in Grades K-6 (2007)
and the all-new The WINNERS! Handbook (2010)
65 North Sixth Avenue
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-572-5634 / BKWSSF@aol.com
www.JudyReadsBooks.com