http://www.warriorlibrarian.com <http://www.warriorlibrarian.com/>
Author: Biblia’s Guide to Warrior Librarianship
http://warriorlibrarian.com/buythebook.html
<http://warriorlibrarian.com/buythebook.html>
Day Job: Project Officer – Center for Learning Innovation, OTEN

 E-mail:  amanda.credaro@det.nsw.edu.au
<mailto:amanda.credaro@det.nsw.edu.au>   (work)
            abcredaro@ozemail.com.au <mailto:abcredaro@ozemail.com.au>
(home)

Date:    Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:20:26 -0700
From:    Mark Williams <markwilliams@MAKAW.NET>
Subject: Re: Sec. Rant regarding teacher use

At 06:46 AM 9/17/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>So -- My problem is getting my English teachers to use the library!! I know
>that they should be my primary users, but there are several who STILL think
>that they know everything about research that their kids need to be taught
and
>that the research can be done either on the internet or individually by the
>students on their own time.

I CAN be very frustrating, I know.  I inherited a somewhat similar
situation.  One thing that I found worked well was attending department
meetings (if you have them, ask for time on the agenda....say 5 min.)