>As I frantically cut and paste comments from the job description/
>job title discussion for colleagues, I've beeb dying to comment on
>the job title issue, Then Donna P. Miller hit the nail on the head
>Monday when she said:
>
>  "Counterpoint -- doctors'jobs have also changed radically with
>the advent of technology.  However, they haven't chosen to
>change their titles to "Healing Technologists" for example."

Of far greater impact has been technology on the jobs of nurses: they are
now essentially the technicians that keep the doctors from being bogged
down in details. While doctors use the new technology as a tool system,
nurses are responsible for the running of that tool system and access to
it.

Are librarians going to be the doctors or the nurses of their profession ?

--
Steven Weller  <Windsor Consulting Group>         +1 502 648 4115 (voice)
                                                  +1 502 451 5935 (fax)

LM_NET Archive Home