My principal and I want to network CD-Roms with a server in
back, but I need some advice from those who have been there
before me!

I am currently running Follett Circ/Cat Plus on a 386-20
server, with 386SX-20 front desk, and 4 (maybe more later)
workstations at 386SX-16 each.  The student workstations only
have 1 mb RAM, and I am going to upgrade.

Right now, we have a baseline converter, but will change over
to Ethernet.  I am also planning on upgrading my current
version of Novelle.

Here's the question:  With what I have, will CD's just run TOO
slow?  I would probably get a 486 server for the CD dedicated
server in the back room...

I have heard that Mammals and Presidents don't network well, so
we plan to leave them on a stand-alone, and put Grolier's and
maybe some others on the network.

Let me know what YOU have done in your school, if you have
networked, and how it has worked out.

Thanks a million,
Lorna McCloud
Teacher/Librarian