Hello,
     My systems manager tells me that the problem is fixed and
that I should be able to post to lm_net.  So this is an
introduction and a thank-you.  If you replied to the help Janet
with censorship problems that was me.
     Running Loose by Chris Crutcher is restricted to 10, 11, and
12 grade with 7, 8, and 9 allowed to check it out with parental
permission slips.  It is to be shelved with the books.
     Fever by Robin Cook is only to be checked out with parental
permission slips.  It is to be kept on a restricted shelf where
students won't even see it!  Here's the surprise.  The anamomy
class that uses Fever can still use it.  It remains on the
reading list.  I don't even pretend to understand how students
can do a project based on the book without the book but hey
that's life.
     So thanks for all the help.  I have a far clearer idea of
intellectual freedom and what it means to me.  Not an experience
I would wish on others but certainly one that makes one grow.

Janet Johns
Berlin Brothersvalley High School
Berlin, Pa. 15530

LM_NET Archive Home