I don't know anything about the fate of the prohibition on providing info to
gay and lesbian youth, but it might be of help to know what Massachusetts
has done in this regard.  Initially sparked by the extremely high suicide
rate (30% of teen suicides are by gay and lesbian youth), a commission was
established to study the problem.  The Education Report "Making Schools Safe
for Gay and Lesbian Youth: Breaking the Silence in schools and families" is
excellent.  If you want a copy, try writing to The Governor's Commision on
Gay and Lesbian Youth, State House, Room 111, Boston, MA 02133 or call (617)
828-3039.  It has a lot of information (including exerpts of the testimonies
from the hearings they held) and bibliographies.
        If I can do anything to help those fighting such repressive
legislation, in terms of providing info from Mass, please let me know.
--
Johanna Halbeisen, LMS                  We are confronted by
Rebecca M. Johnson School(k-8)          insurmountable opportunites.

LM_NET Archive Home