        In regards to purchasing popular titles vs."quality literature" :
        I purchase both. I do want students to think of the library as
        "their place" and a place that does have something for everbody.
        I admit I am somewhat selective on which Goosebumps titles I
        purchase. I try to buy just enough to get the kids into the
        library and into reading and when they have read them all suggest
        other titles (books by Hahn, W.D. Roberts, Wright, et al) to keep
        them going. Usually it's pretty successful. I've never figured
        out what percentages of each I buy but I'm sure the better
        literature outweighs the grocery store stuff.

        I have been a school librarianfor 10 years and have been able to
        stay fairly current with literature. I read tons of kids books
        (last week I read my first Goosebumps book).

        Hope this will help you.

                READREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADR
                E                                                       E
                A   Jill Feuerhelm               If you can access      A
                D   suite 236                    information thank a    D
                R   1430 Willamette St.          school librarian.      R
                E   Eugene, OR 97401-4073            -source unknown    E
                A   feuerhelm@4j.lane.edu                               A
                D                                                       D
                READREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADREADR

LM_NET Archive Home