I need a good MacIntosh disk utility.  I hope this hasn't been compiled
before though I suspect there has been prior discussion.  I searched the
archives back a few months and finding nothing hope to help others as
well.
  Features I'm looking for include:

- the ability to undelete files after the garbage is emptied
- discover and examine files with errors
- disk drive functional parameters
- verify and locate bad disk sectors
- block off bad sectors of disks so they don't have to be reformated and
  reinstalled
- examine and manipulate binary and text files on the disk at the byte level

On reviewing this, it doesn't look very "Macish".  The philosophy of the
Finder would be that you shouldn't know and don't need to know.  But the
past few years of working with Mac technology I tired of ambiguous erratic
errors that I have no way of isolating or analyzing the way one would on
an IBM or Apple II.

Is there anything on the market that is worth owning in a pinch?

If more than one what is your estimation of comparative value?

Thanks to all who take the time to answer.

Terry McDanel
Olson Elementary
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
<0001oel@informns.k12.mn.us>