What a problem.  I am in two K-5 schools.  I used to let periodicals go out for
one week.  I found few were returned, few paid for, most in really bad condition
when they WERE returned.  A few years ago I reluctantly decided to stop letting
periodicals circulate except to teachers.  Even with this, the periodicals do
not last.  They are well read just in the library and seem to self-destrcut over
the weeks.  Im not sure there is a good solution:  to circulate or not to
circulate, that is the question.

Janet

 Rawdonj@a1.mec.mass.edu
Newton MA