We are using Accelerated Reader with all of our K-5 classes (networked
from file server in library) and would like some info from any of you who
may be using it.  How do any of your teachers handle the information
obtained about averages in their grading system.  I don't want this
information to become a de-motivater if it is used to lower a child's
grade.  I had this happen once this year and don't want a repeat.  I am
also interested in obtaining tests that may have been written by someone
in your school for books that aren't currently on the list.  We would be
willing to swap....especially books for the youngest readers.

        We also want to start a "book review" exchange with classes
about the AR books.  If you know of any teacher in your school or if
you're interested in doing it through the library, please e-mail me!
  Penny McAllister//Verner Elementary School//2701 North Ridge
Road//Tuscaloosa, AL  35406// <pmcalli7@ua1ix.ua.edu>//205-759-3527

LM_NET Archive Home