I would just like to thank everyoone who has posted regarding weeding. I am
relatively new to my job and not a librarian by training. I've been learning
the hard way how to clean up the debris left behind by countless other folks
in my position over the years. Some books in my library have been there and
not checked out since the 60's and 70's. Yet, when I placed a number of them
in the recycling bin (which has a lid), they were still discovered and
parents and children were pawing through them and wondering why I was getting
rid of them. By the way, I am in Los Gatos, CA, a rather affluent town in the
San Jose area.

At any rate, thanks for sharing!

Laura Manthey
LSMant@aol.com