I agree--as a reader and librarian--my really good fifth grade
readers,now mid-year, have reAd everything they are about to read in this
school library after 6 years of circulation! I do get books from our
resource collection,I recommend stuff thaty they'd like at the public
and I make sure new "good stuff" goes to them first. But after ROLL OF
THUNDER,why should they wait for MAY THE CIRCLE? Remember,reading
levels,grade levels etc. are trully artifical--I didn't have this problem
when I was K-8--the flow seemed more natural for good readers.

LM_NET Archive Home