Colleagues are discussing some of the works of Poe this Friday (1/20/95) in
particular the Cask of Amontillado...As the librarian in the group I
volunteered to get background info.  I remember hearing at one time that this
particular short story was based on an incident that actually happened with a
superior in the military service...  that is... that a hated superior was
disposed of in such a way...  Does anyone have any information regarding
this?
I would be most grateful and my staff at school would be introduced to the
power of the NET.

Please repond directly to me at sryhanen@aol.com

Susan Ryhanen
Van Cort Elementary School