Hans Christian Andersen Multicultural School in Minneapolis, MN., was
just the recipient of over 120 greetings from all over the USA, Canada,
and even two messages from Australia for an important parents meeting we
had on Jan.10.  This had a very impressive effect on the principal, the
teachers and other staff, and the students.  The students I had that week
spent two days reading the messages, printing them out, and making a
bulletin board on which they marked all the cities from which we got
messages with pins (on a map of North America I cut out of a 1993 AAA road
Atlas) and twined green yarn around all the pins to dramatize the
incredible scope of the Internet.  This week, students will be printing
the messages we didn't have time to print last week, and they will all be
available in a bin on the middle table in our computerlab for everybody
to read.  I have been happy to send messages over the last eight months,
wanting to do my share in promoting Internet use, and it is especially
easy on LM-NET. If I don't have time right then, I just don't send one.
Keep the greetings going! And THANK YOU to everyone who sent
one to us!                Diane Simmons
                          Technology Skills Teacher, grades 4-6

LM_NET Archive Home