Netters:

This question has bothered me for some time; now it's reached the boiling
point.  I'm looking for better ways for next year.

How do you check out, and in again, equipment to teachers?

We have a lot.  The principal likes certain items to come in at each
holiday period; other items are only lent for short time periods.  The
physical task of storing, moving, and matching up components is awesome.
I'm still using a tag system that was great in its time, but inadequate for
the present.  An inventory was created on an older Apple IIGS, and still
maintained.  Now we have Follett Unison, but have not added equipment.
(Just got the last of the print collection online.)

Do you barcode equipment?  Each separate part? or whole sets? (as in some
computers we move around a lot)

Does the equipment have to pass by the circulation desk? or do you keep
notebook or cards or whatever of barcodes and matching information?

Or is there something entirely different I haven't even thought of?

TIA *and* thanks in advance for setting me on the right path.  :-)

Katharine Bruner                        Brown MIddle School
brunerk@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us          Harrison TN

LM_NET Archive Home