Donna, like you I am not primarily a myster reader, though that may
change with all these great suggestions. I'd like to suggest Bagdad
without a map, by Tony
Horwitz, and a new book by his wife, Geraldine Brooks, Nine parts of
desire. They are both nonfiction and about the middle East. Brooks and
Horwitz were reporters for the Wall Street Journal for a couple of
years,; their books are informative and entertaining. Rayna

   Rayna Patton, Librarian                Marysville Exempted Village Schools
   Marysville High School                 Voice   513/642-0010
   800 Amrine Mill Rd                     FAX     513/642-2033
   Marysville, Ohio  43040                E'Mail  KMV_PATTON@MEC.OHIO.GOV

On Fri, 2 Jun 1995, Donna S Cook wrote:

> This list of books for summer reading I've gotten from the NET is
> wonderful, but it is heavy into mystery and I'm not.  Three
> nonmysteries that I read last summer that I thoroughly enjoyed were The
> Hidden Life of Dogs, True Women, and the wonderful Walking Across Egypt.
> (I will never forget that old woman fallen through the seat of her
> kitchen chair.)  If you want to venture out of mystery, try these.  As
> for me, I'm going to try a few mysteries (well, at least one) and see
> what's the big deal.  Donna Cook <dsc@tenet.edu>

LM_NET Archive Home