The problem you are facing is the reason I chose to have my Dynix Scholar
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) run on 3 TERMINALS instead of
computers first. (Scholar lets you run on Macs, IBMs, etc, as well as
terminals-just monitors & keyboards) connected to the main server, and you
can also run it over the school network.

The only thing those terminals do is act as computer catalogs -- and that
is all I want them to do.  We also have 8 or 9 networked computers in the
library that do everything else, cd's - word processing, etc., plus can
run the OPAC.

The terminals and computers are all in use most of the day.  We need
more, of course. I'm trying to get a mini-lab setup.

Pat Wamsley (patw1@muskox.alaska.edu)  |{ancient Chinese blessing/curse}
wk: Colony HS Library (907) 746-9538   |
hm: 3700 Spruce Top Circle             | "May you live
    Wasilla, AK 99654 (907) 376-8854   |         in interesting times!"

LM_NET Archive Home