In my library, I have CLC up to vol 36, TCLC up to 30, NCLC up to 12,
CA up to 115, and the new series of CA up to 20.  I gave up on these.
I have found that the authors that most students do for American and
Englist lit are in those volumes.  The only three Gale series that I
am keeping current are Authors and Artists for Young Adults, Poetry
Criticism and Short Story Criticism.  They were more useful (and more
used).  I heartily agree that the Gale series are way too expensive
for us poor folks.  GAle, are you listening?

Lee Gordon
Eldorado High School
1139 N. Linn Ln
Las Vegas, NV 89110     lgordon@nevada.edu