The site for the Iditarod can be found at:
http://info.alaska.edu:70/1s/Alaska/iditarod

Recently, I attended a conference that Susan Butcher was the motivational
speaker.  She is better known as the Iditarod woman.  What a speaker!!!
She also brought one of her dogs.  She had slides on how she prepares for
the race and it is amazing what they do in advance of the race.  She had
recently had a baby and I asked her what her plans were for schooling the
child since she lives in the remote part of Alaska.  She said there is a
one room school about 75 miles away and their plans are to move "to town"
then.

Good luck on your project.

Beth Ross
mbr0001@jove.unt.edu