I wish I could stay on line with this discussion, but I am setting NO MAIL for
vacation.
 My favorite question was from the 4th grader who wanted information about care of a
"cynical parrot."  After searching through the bird books, we found a photo
captioned
"Senegal Parrot."  Another happy user with information located -- points for the
library! I wasn't laughing AT the student as I shared this story with colleagues,
but at
the "kids say the darndest things" nature of the question.  I still chuckle at the
thought of a cynical parrot.

Cynthia McMillan
Haviland Middle School, Hyde Park, NY

falafarm@mhv.net