Pat,

Our school board just approved (Sept. 96) an AUP for our district.  Our
AUP is 13 pages long.  It discusses netiquette, privileges of Net usage,
disciplinary procedures, etc.  The students are given the packet with
instructions for them and their parents to read and sign the appropriate
places.  The student then returns the signed forms, I make a copy for my
files, 1 for the student/parents and give the original to our
principal/technology coordinator.  It is our assumption also that without
parental signatures on file that the parent has not given their
permission for the student to have an Internet account and therefore,
access to the Net.  Hope that this helps.

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Pat Premo wrote:

> Fellow LM_NETters,
>      My high school principal asked me to ask if those of you "out
> there" that have AUPs in place have parents sign one line saying their
> student has permission to use or another line saying their student does
> not have permission to use or if your AUP must be returned signed or
> unsigned.  He thinks if students do not turn in a signed AUP that means
> the same thing as parents not giving permission.  What are your thoughts
> and rationales?  I have to present our proposed AUP at a technology
> committee meeting this Thursday evening 12/5 and would appreciate your
> thoughts.  TIA  patpremo@bbs.tcbi.com

LM_NET Archive Home