On Sun, 11 Feb 1996, Union-Endicott Central School District wrote:

> Students will, can, and do search many words that are not
> curriculum-related, just to see if they are "in there".   If we confess,
> many of us have done the same thing.    Just to see how easy it is, type
> in "sex" as a search word in any Internet search mode, and see what you
> come up with,   It's pretty unbelievable.

Actually, Group, I just searched a very harmless keyword (keypals) and
came up with some pretty suggestive messages.  My young friend in Phoenix
(Brownfield grad last year) asked me how to get in touch with others that
he could correspond with just for fun -- not for "sex talk".  I browsed
around and all I could find were K-12 and those wanting kinky partners!

Do *you* have suggestions for a college age student who just wants to
contact other college students or young people?  I found a couple of
addresses, but I *think* one of them charges a fee.

Thanks!

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home