   My administrator treats my job as unnecessary.  I am often
assigned to do tasks that require that the library be closed
if I am to do this task that ANYONE could perform.  Example:
Librarian was the "runner" to escort classes to the auditorium
for individual photos.   Librarian spends day in the auditorium
supervising children who are getting a free time reward for
perfect attendance (2 hours at a time) so that 4 hours of
the day finds the library locked. ( ..We have about 14 aides
on staff who could have done these things..but......)
    On the "up side"  - I have 3 teachers (to my knowledge) who
are certified librarians but won't work in the libarry because
"It is too much work!"...If only they would spread the word!!

Mary Ludwick         Ludwick@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home