It's good to hear the positive suggestions from Betty Hamilton and others. I
agree that we have to get a voice into the teacher training programs and
especially into the training of administrators.
We also need somehow to get some of the wonderful presentations I've seen at
Library/Media conferences into other conferences -- for principals and school
boards, for reading teachers, the social studies conferences, the math
conferences, the science . . . well, you get the idea.

I'm always surprised how completely school libraries and librarians are
ignored in publications like The Reading Teacher. Classroom libraries are
extolled, but use of school libraries or cooperation with librarians is not.

 Maybe we'd better get our wp's working, and get some examples of the
contributions good library programs make in all the instructional areas.

Helen Seagraves Librarian at Large   Hood River, OR
Hcgraves@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home