On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Terri Lent wrote:

> and think everyone concerned about getting kids to read should own!  It's
> called "Speaking of Reading" and I'll give more information at the end of
> this message.

Thanks, Terri! Here on Tenet I moderate a reading discussion group for
educators who are concerned about teaching reading whether in a reading
class or some other class. If you don't mind, I'll post your message to
that discussion group. I'm sure they will be interested.

Speaking of books, one that the group might be interested in is one that I
*know* many of my high schoolers are going to line up for is _HIT ME WITH
MUSIC: How to start, manage, record, and perform with your own rock and
roll band_.  It's put out by Milbrook Press in Brookfield, CT, I think. I
just ordered that one (2 copies) after I had students trying to do
research on the topic and discovered that we just don't have much in that
category.

If any of you have other suggestions for good contemporary music (as well
as music in general) books, I would appreciate them.

Thanks!

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home