In a recent discussion about state themes, someone mentioned the book, A
GIRL FROM THE LIMBERLOST, as a book with an Indiana setting. Since I am
interested in Indiana history, I pulled the book off the shelf and read it.

My question is: To what does "limberlost" refer? Is that just a fictional
place or does the word itself have some significance? Can you hoosiers help
me?

Barbara

Barbara Allen                                   Clarksburg Elementary School
Librarian/Technology Coordinator                401 S. Highway H
hxt000@mail.connect.more.net                    Clarksburg, MO  65025
(573) 787-3339 Library                          (573) 787-3511 office
                                                (573) 787-3667 FAX

LM_NET Archive Home