Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me make a decision.  It's nice
to know that there are so many MAC aficionados.
The reviews on the Stylewriter were mixed.  The cost of the color cartridge
which gives low usage was cited as a definite negative.  The HP Deskwriter
seems to be a great alternative. It's $319 and I think that's the way I'm
going to go.
People love the Performa with all of its software as well as the array of
computers from the Educator's Advantage Program.  The Educator's Advantage
Program was cited for its great support.  Some people suggested the
MacWarehouse which I had previously checked and found that the Performa
prices were higher than in my local MAC store.
Thanks again.

Marjorie Schor
mjschor@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home