I would definately NOT allow students to download programs! By allowing
them to do so you risk having a virus invade your system. You never know
what's in those disks.

Perhaps you could allow some games to be played as long as they have some
educational value, and during times when no one else needs to use the
computer for research.  Our school system has a list of approved
materials that limits us to what the students can use here at school.

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Angus Saunders wrote:

> Angus G. Saunders, Jr.                               saunders@northnet.org
> Jefferson Lewis BOCES SLS Director;      BOCES, Rt. 12, Glenfield NY 13343
> 315 376 6501                                              fax 315 376 3376
>                          ..Everything is Relative..
>
> On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Cheryl Quinn wrote:
>
> >   it has been my deciion that students may not play games nor
> > download games.  I would like to emphasize the use of the Internet for
> > educational purposes.  The computer person feels I am too restrictive and
> > "fussy."  Tomorrow at 1:30 I have a meeting with my principal to defend my
> > position....I would appreciate any input from this group.
>
> I would say that this use puts your school at risk of inappropriate use of
> public funds, and that's the message I'd convey.  Perhaps you could be
> more liberal before and after school.

LM_NET Archive Home