I'll be using my personal internet account to post a web page for our
district library media program.  If you count our alternative sites, such as
Children's Detention Center and Children's Hospital, there are 92 sites in our d
district.  This will be an "unofficial" page but with the blessing of our
curriculum department.  We've had some dialogue on what should be included
on the site, but I thought I'd ask the group for topics considered critical
for communication to a larger audience.  We've discussed including:
          + library media program mission statement
          + job descriptions
          + ideas for parents to use with their children
          + local events related to promoting reading
          + contests, grants (where do you find them?)
          + book reviews or recommended titles

What else would make the site interesting?  How can we include every school
without taking up too much server space?  What about graphics....how important
are they?
         I'd appreciate any suggestions to make this an interesting and
informative site....one worth the time it will take to develop and maintain.
Send any suggestions to:
                            Linda L. Carter, Oklahoma City Public Schools
                            e-mail-->  carterl@delphi.com

Thanks in advance.
s always ----- Thanks in advance for your help.

LM_NET Archive Home