I have a new principal this year and we are finally looking at the
possibility of going to flex scheduling. I pulled together some articles
for the teams to read and we've had some discussions. Our 3rd-5th level
teams are enthusiastic about giving it a try, but our primary
teachers don't see how flex scheduling would be better for them and their
children than a scheduled storytime and checkout each week. This may be
my fault as I played up the flexibility we would have in scheduling
classes in for research, etc.

Those of you who are working with K-2 in a flex situation, please share
with me some of the ways your teachers benefit from flexible scheduling.

We are also wondering how we are going to find time to plan together as
librarian and teacher for the library units. Any ideas on this would be
appreciated, too.

Thanks,
Pame Spencer, MLS
pamespen@tenet.edu