Thanks to all who responded to my query.  I want to let you know that
posting a question to this listserve is a requirement for a class I am
currently taking so I appreciate all  your kind words.

I have much feedback to give the teacher who made this assignment.  First
and foremost is the fact that I need to ask EXACTLY what I mean to ask.
For instance, I knew that middle and high school librarians taught students
how to  use reference materials.  What I meant to ask was are you expected
to teach the topic teachers bring their classes to the library to research?
 For instance, if a social studies teacher is working on a unit on The
Depression are you expected to "teach" about The Depression.  You answered
my question.

I also found it helpful to see how quickly my question could be answered.
I got some very thought provoking responses from some of you.  Thanks to
all who were understanding and didn't flame me for my question.  Those
whose answers were less than charitable helped me realize that there is
much this course of study can still offer me.

Again, it was quite the learning experience.  I will pass your responses on
to my instructor.

Susan M. Patrick
Graduate Student ESU
spatrick@mail.cjnetworks.com

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST
 For more help see LM_NET On The Web:  http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/