We are having a problem at our large K-5 school.  We have 8 classes of
each grade level.  Often, teachers are doing the same things at the same
time.  However, we give teachers 2 dates when all materials need to be
in.  They are Dec. before the holidays and May when school is over.  Our
automated system will not allow checkout to teachers if they have
overdues.  We called for all materials before our winter break, but
naturally not all came back.  Now, our teachers are begging to just
borrow this one book for next week please or just to read aloud this book
for Martin Luther King Day please, etc.  My question is: how can I
maintain good PR with my teachers and yet hold to the rules I and the
previous librarian have set down?  What are you doing?

Roberta Moecker
School Librarian
Scobee Elementary School       PHONE:  561-5070
11223 Cedar Park Dr.           rmoecker@tenet.edu
San Antonio, TX  78249         "Knowledge is Power"