 It also depends on age level and size of library-- I definitely do not
have enough material on a "hot topic" in my elementary library--I'm glad
during hockey season that I have one book on Mario L,some books on
playing hockey ,etc. But for my intermediate kids,box scores, MarioWATCH,
the NBA site (for March Madness-not hockey ;)) expands our resources-and
gives us a great opportunity to discuss what is and isn't on the 'Net.
 Another example:reports on Vietnam--encyclopedias were better--Net had
much on TRAVEL to Vietnam,memories of 'Nam, but for that standard
school-type report--traditional sources fulfill the assignment.

LM_NET Archive Home