I asked two days ago what you called a pacifier in your neck of the woods.
I got overwhelming response.  I found this very encouraging.  I think my
story will be a big hit especially when I create a website where you can
visit the Passie King.

here are some results-  binkey and plug where tied.

I had 20 other names that were unique and I had never heard of.

No one like the spelling pacey.  And after some thought I didn't either.
I had suggestions to go with passie because it was said phoenetically.
Also people are familar with Lassie the dog and this would be the same
pronunciation with a p in front.

I originally used the spelling pacey because the c suggested the word
pacifier.  Now I like passie.  I also decided to use binkie and plug at
certain points in the story.  I had the idea to use all the other names
somewhere on the cover or front piece.  That way everyone could identify
their name.

Here is the first paragraph:

Did you know the Tooth Fairy had a son?  Did you know that Father Time is
her husband?  This is the story of their child- The Passie King.

I have had a short story published in a magazine but this is my
first children's story I will try to get published.  I will use spring
break to send it out to some selected publishers from The Writers Market.
Anyone have tips or KNOW any editors, publishers, etc.

You all have been such a great resource over the years.  Maybe you can get
me published too!

   * Matt Penn
   * University of South Florida        "Insert painfully
   * Tampa, Fl.                         repetitive quote here."
   *
   * mpenn@luna.cas.usf.edu

LM_NET Archive Home