I would like to thank the following people for their help in compiling
the list of titles for Ancient Civilizations that can be found below:
Pat Bender, Patricia Wilson, Sister Sally Daly, Jane Hyde, Daryl Sturdy,
N. Bentley, Paula Brown, Leslie Greaves Radloff, Barbara Gardner, and
Lorna Kropp. I would especially like to thank Shirley Ellis for the
truly wonderful and extensive list I got through snail mail. All of
these contributions combined have given me a list with real breadth and
depth to it. Thanks so much!!

Heart of the Jaguar by Marc Talbert about the ancient Mayans

Bronze Bow by Elizabeth Speare - Biblical Times in Israel

Silver Pigs by Lindsey Davis

The King Must Die by Mary Renault

Rosemary Sutcliff's wonderful novels of Roman Britain and other early
periods should definitely be on the list.  The Eagle of the Ninth, etc.

The Reluctant God by Pamela Service - a time travel about Ancient
Egypt

Escape From Egupt by Sonia Levitin - a marvelous story of a Jewish
family at the time of Moses

Mara, daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw - The adventures of
an Egyptian slave girl in the palace of Thebes - also The Golden Goblet

A Place in the Sun by Jill Rubalcaba - In ancient Egypt, the gifted
young son of a sculptor is taken into slavery when he attempts to save
his father's life, and is himself almost killed before his exceptional
talent leads Pharoah to name him Royal Sculptor

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner - Gen flaunts his ingenuity as a thief
and relishes the adventure which takes him to a remote temple of the
gods where he will attempt to steal a precious stone

Dar the Spear Thrower (easy)

The Ear, the Eye and the Arm by Nancy Farmer - fantasy adventure in part
set in a  Williamsburg like African village

Detectives in Togas by Henry Winterfeld - has sequels too

The Green Hills of Nendrum where a modern day Briitsh boy looks around
the bend and spies Viking ships coming to attack....lots of action.

Walker in (or is it of) Time - has a boy transport back to the ancient
Anasazi of Arizona.

Dar and the Spear-Thrower by Marjorie Cowley

Maroo of the Winter Caves by Turnbull

A Bone From a Dry Sea by Peter Dickinson

The Time of the Forest by Tom McGowen - conflict between hunter/gathers
and farmers in Denmark forest

Zekmet: The Stone Carver: A Tale of Ancient Egypt by Mary Stolz - stone
carver works on Sphinx for vain Pharoh

The Avenger by Margaret Hodges - Young Alexis competes in Olympics;
Persian wars 550 b.c.

Four Horses for Tishtry by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - Slave girl who earns
freedom as an athlete racing chariots

The Riddle of the Rosetta Stone: Key to Ancient Egypt by James Giblin

If I missed anyone's name I truly apologize. Once again, thanks to
everyone for helping me create a wonderful bibliography! If anyone would
like a copy of the list sent to me by Shirley Ellis, let me know.
--
Maureen Meyer
School Library Media Generalist