Thank you, thank you to everyone who shared ideas!  I am very grateful to
each you for sharing your clever thinking.  Here is the HIT:

I have done "How many paperclips high the ceiling is?" and How many pounds
is the pumpkin? For November I will do How many popcorn kernels are in the
jar and I will use a small baby food jar.

Easter is on March 31 this year so you could use jelly beans to "Get
'Egg'cited at the Library." Left over Halloween Harvest Mix and or candy
corn could still be used in November for the "Harvest a Feast of Knowledge
at the Library." Red and Green M&M's could encourage them to "'Choc-a-lot'
of Reading up during the Holidays." Gummi bears could encourage them to
get a "Beary good book."

January: Nonpariels (those little chocolate disks with the little white dots
on top that look like snow).

February: those little hearts with sayings on them; your theme could be
"Your
school library-the Heart of it all."

March: "March-mallows"

You got an April & May, but how about Smarties for those final June Exams.

How about miniature Hersey Bars? "Books are Yummy!"

With Harry Potter coming out I would do something with gourmet jelly beans
as Bertie Botts every flavor beans.

Use gummy worms as a lead into How to eat fried worms

Even gummy bears and something about hibernating with a good book.

Wasabe peas--see what's hot in the library

Lifesavers (Your librarian can be a real lifesaver!)
Hershey Kisses (Fall in love with a great book - February)
Jelly Beans (Have you "bean" using your library?) - ok that's pretty corny
:o)
Nestle Miniature Treasures (There's hidden treasure in the library)

Something using the letter M - m&M's

Do you need a "reason" (Riesen) to visit the library? (Reisen candies,
the chewy ones)

Something about "starring" or "Bursting" into the library... using
Starburst candies?

M&Ms - " M-M-m-M = Good Reading is yummy here in the library"

Gummy bears = " " 'Beary' good books."

Small stick pretzels - "Good stories stick with you."

Small knot pretzels - " Get all tied up in a good book."

In December the foil wrapped chocolate balls... Get on the ball and read

Red hots--see above
Olives--Books-read olive them
Skittles--skittle-daddle to the library
Capers--pull off a library caper-read a book
blueberries (or any other kind of berry)--come to the li--berry

peanuts--Go nutty in the library

Julia Steger, Librarian, Clifton Middle School, Clifton Forge VA