I think part of this is true, but when someone is asking for a book
title, quote, tech help, or something like this, a reply to the whole
list gets the answer out to everyone. If you don't see an answer on the
list how do you know that it has been answered? If it is answered on
the list (and answered correctly) then no one else need to reply and
everyone has the answer (and if they don't want it they can delete it).

When someone is looking for ideas, then responding to the individual is
more appropriate and the original poster can then post a hit.

A continuation of this peeve could also be when someone wants the title
of a book, everyone responds privately, and the original poster replies
with 'thanks, I got the answer!'....but no indication of what the
answer is!!! (or perhaps even what the question was!)...That leaves me
hanging!

It all comes down to communication...and for many of us we are
sometimes so overloaded that we hit the wrong button or something and
things go awry. We are all bound to make errors sometime or other, but
being aware of what makes others crazy helps us all.

The nice thing about this thread is that it is a rather pleasant
discussion of 'dos and don'ts'!

OK...let's see...I have replied so the thread is connected, I have
sniped the part that I am replying to, cut off the extraneous
information...but I am replying to the whole group! Three out of four
isn't too bad! ;-)

Have a great weekend!

Barb Engvall
Teacher-Librarian