I agree with Karen 100%. We have never charged fines. It discourages use
of the library. We talk about and encourage responsible use of library
materials and one part of that is returning the book on time, but we
don't penalize them by charging fines. We do have to charge parents at
the end of the year for any book that has been lost during the school
year, but we wait until May to be sure it doesn't show up before they
are charged.

We are all about encouraging library use and making this a welcoming
place - fines don't fit that profile.

Sue McGown, Librarian
St. John's School
Houston, TX