This fall the students in the senior AP Language Arts class and the
junior honors language arts class had a library orientation at our local
community college.  I had worked there the previous summer and became
acquainted with the program and its director.

We approached the project as a win/win situation for the students and
the college library.  Our students have some access to the library as
members of the community.  It was great to introduce them to resources
they could use immediately which aren't available in our high school
library.  The college addressed the orientation as a low-key recruiting
tool.

I hope we can continue the program next year as well.

Carol E. Niemi
Librarian Assistant
St. Francis High School Library
Work:  cniemi@tcnet.org