I use sounds because it lets me know if a book is not checked out
correctly. It has one sound when  book is checked out correctly, and
another if it isn't. It lets us know there is a problem.
Gail
> On 2/25/05 10:24 AM, "David Lininger" <tss003@MAIL.CONNECT.MORE.NET>
> wrote:
>
>> Laurie's last post about alert sounds got me to thinking about that. How
>> many use sounds to alert you to various things? I've turned off ALL
>> sounds on all of my computers because I don't like all the noise.
>> Between the fax machine beeping, the phone ringing, and the bells, I
>> don't want anything else making noise at me. There are times, though
>> when an audible alert might be nice. What sorts of alerts do you use, if
>> you use sounds?
Gail Shea Grainger

Librarian, Chesterfield School, Chesterfield, NH
Dewey Browse --K-12 Web site cataloged by Dewey Decimal Classification
http://www.deweybrowse.org ggrainger@deweybrowse.org