We made red envelopes (elementary school) to go with Sam and the Lucky
Money. There is a great pattern at mycopycat.com. (You need to have a
subscription but the $18.00 per year is well worth it.) I also had a
couple (from a former life, as they say) and showed the kids what red
envelopes really look like. We have an ESL student for the first time
ever so he told us of his experiences with receiving money for Chinese
New Year. I will keep the info in mind and perhaps consider buying some
for future use as well. The name that copycat used was leisee so I hope
that they are the same as mentioned below.
Thanks,
Deb Hendrickson

On Thursday, March 10, 2005, at 06:28 PM, Suzanne Ng wrote:

> I bought mine from Oriental trading .
>
> www.oriental.com or www.orientaltrading.com
>
> You don't indicate when you need them by, or how many you need...
>
> 2 dozen are $3.95 - item IN-3/414
>
>  3 1/2" x 7 1/4" Mini Paper Lucky Money Bags. Each bag bears the
> Chinese symbol for "congratulations". (2 dozen per unit)
>
>  I think they have a promo right now, free shipping if you spend over
> $60.  Several staff members often pool their OTC orders to take
> advantage of the free shipping. I, for one, usually don't have a
> problem spending $60 there, all by myself!!
>  pool out OTC orders to get
>
> On Mar 10, 2005, at 5:54 PM, Anthony C. Doyle wrote:
>
>> I will be reading Ruby's Wish by Shirin yim Bridges to our special day
>> class as part of the California Young Reader Medal program.  As a
>> treat
>> I would like to give each student a gift certificate for a candy bar
>> at
>> our student store in a "hung bao" (red good-luck envelope).  There are
>> lot of places online that offer them but I am unfamiliar with them.
>> Has
>> anyone bought these on-line who recommend a reliable source (or a
>> place
>> to order them by phone)?
>> --
>> ----
>> Tony Doyle, Librarian
>> Livingston High School, Livingston, CA
>> tdoyle@muhsd.k12.ca.us
>> <Http://www.lhs.muhsd.k12.ca.us/library/index.htm>
>> "You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture.  Just get
>> people to stop reading them."-- Ray Bradbury

> Suzanne Ng, Librarian
> South Mountain Elem. School
> South Orange, NJ 07079
> email: sng@somsd.k12.nj.us
> http://www.southmountain.somsd.k12.nj.us

> All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright law.
> LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
> Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
> EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://elann.biglist.com/el-announce/
> LM_NET Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so
certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand
Russell