I agree with Pat and we have the stickers to put on our books to
indicate the genre. We also do that with holiday stickers to help
students find books. I think this is the best approach. If you break
fiction down into many different a-z groups by genre, it will be very
hard to browse for any kind of book. We like to encourage students to
read many different genres, even if they have a favorite one. I think
this is the best approach to the "bookstore" mentality.
Sue McGown
St. John's School
Houston, TX